Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 24.05.2013, 03:00 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default TI crashing Ableton when loading project

Hi guys, occasionally I'd get a Ableton Live project that would crash upon loading. Live 8.xxx would just black-screen reboot my machine (PC). Live 9.xx would just say app crash module VirusUpdater_x64.dll or something like that. You could do this again and again and sometimes your project might open but 90% would keep crashing (hours may pass by with all the rebooting).

So here is my work around to load problem projects.
Have your TI in sleep mode.
Load problem Live project. (yes this prevents the crash, but turning it on again now is bad, crash city)
Go to TI track and turn off plugin.
Save project as something new. ie "save12_virus-plug-off"
Close project.
Close live.
Reboot computer, power cycle the TI at the wall.
...then
Have your TI in sleep mode.
Load new save "save12_virus-plug-off" Live project.
press the transpose button to wake up the TI, wait for on sate.
Go to TI track and turn on plugin.
And your good to go.

So that's only if someone else in the entire world has this problem. My net searching came up with nothing.

Update 1! 29/5/13 Now I have a stubborn project that wont open with this method. I think it's kind of random. Got it open once today then couldn't later on in the evening with a newer save. Bummer

Update 2! 29/5/13 I removed Jbridge plugins and found that SSL Duende Native (32bit) was probably the culprit. Loads every time without crash so far.

Update 3! 31/5/13 So I crashed again at loading time no matter what plugins I removed. My new theory is that the order of loading is making the crash happen. New solution is to put the TI plugin on the top most track in Live. You can see it load early on before live has loaded the other vsti and other effects. Before it used to be in the last few tracks near the bottom of Live and you could see the TI loading and Live would crash exactly as the TI said "synchronising..."

Last edited by grs : 31.05.2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 25.05.2013, 04:40 PM
New here
New here

Default Your not the only one!

Ive got the same problem as well but in using Reaper as the daw! Same thing appcrash a couple of seconds in when the project is fully loaded!

Im goin to try your solution/work around!

Thx
Old 25.05.2013, 05:06 PM
New here
New here

Default Thx bro!!

It worked like a charm! And also before I tried your workaround I was soo desperate so I repaired the installation with the virus installation file,,,which got me a choice when I finally got the virus going (with the help from the work around) to turn the automatic check for updates off

Thx again!
Old 26.05.2013, 10:45 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshmaster View Post
It worked like a charm! And also before I tried your workaround I was soo desperate so I repaired the installation with the virus installation file,,,which got me a choice when I finally got the virus going (with the help from the work around) to turn the automatic check for updates off

Thx again!
Btw it didnt matter that i turned the automatic check off! Still same problem have to use the work around again,,,but I just have to start the Reaper project without the Virus on and then just turn it on when Ive unchecked the virus control plugin!
Old 27.05.2013, 04:54 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Awesome, glad to assist with someone else. I couldn't find the update setting, but looks like it's not the setting can not stop the ".dll" loading and crashing the DAW host.
Old 23.12.2013, 04:17 PM
New here
New here

Hi! I have the same problem with Virus TI2. I use Cubase 7.06 on Windows pro 64 bit. Loading a smaller project is ok, but when it get's more cpu & memory demanding the Virus Control crashes Cubase.

I can't findout what the real problem is. I guess it's more RAM oriented. However, I use 32 Gb RAM on a 6-core PC.

If any more ideas, please let me know.
Old 31.12.2013, 01:44 AM
Veteran
Veteran

You may never find the real problem, let me know if my work-around works for your situation. I sometimes google this post to help me load my own project, even though I wrote it some time ago, I forget.
Old 02.01.2014, 04:55 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Just wanted to add that I'm having very similar issues in Cubase 6.5.5 x64 on Windows 8.1 with the VST2 x64 version of Virus Control.

Randomly, Cubase crashes or hangs while loading a project that contains the Virus TI. I can reproduce the problem on a project which has nothing except the Virus TI inserted so I know that it's the cause. Unfortunately it's incredibly random, sometimes I can't crash Cubase after dozens of attempts and then BAM, it crashes upon loading the project.

I'm putting together a detailed email to Access about my issue now, I suggest that you guys try to do the same if you can. My DAW was absolutely rock solid when I wasn't using the Virus TI and I have to admit that I'm seriously considering selling it unless these issues are resolved quickly.

All the best guys